(by the way i'm french, so excuse my approximate english if you please)
So yesterday i made a promise to myself to start on a new path to thinness, slenderness, slimness (pick your favorite word) KNOWING that today wouldnt be the real first day of it. Because as everybody can testify in one's life, food's primary function, apart from biological necessity, is social. It all really started in the greco roman empire, with banquets being the ultimate place to socialize, exchange ideas, debate, and then eventually have sex; all of it around food (and wine). I'm simplifying this but I've studied History of Taste last year, and it's very interesting to learn where when how and why food is so important in society (especially in France, since we do have a major culinary heritage). Food is about bonding. Anyway I'm digressing in a bad english, let's go back to today's disastrous diary.
As I was saying, i knew that i couldnt escape my social food responsabilities today as I had invited girl friends over a dinner at my place a week ago. Plus, i enjoy cooking, and i especially enjoy serving big portions to people while thinking it fattens them (a bit). Unfortunately, i've stuffed myself like a pig too:
breakfast:
1 cup of coffee
8cl of soy milk + small banana + a tiny spoon of honey (in the microwave)
lunch:
ratatouille
2 small potatoes
wholegrain bread with melted cheddar (wtf)
a kiwi + 1/2 grapefruit + small banana
fuckity fuck #1: the work snack
like 4 cookies and a few sweets...
dinner (fuckity fuck #2):
pastas with light cream, cherry tomatoes, basilic and parmesan
chocolate fondue with fruits & marshmallows
+ red & white wine
Anyway, i knew this was coming; but it had been a while since we last reunited to trash talk on guys and how shitty our lives are. I've even bought a red wine called Saint Amour (because we're all single), how pretty is that ? :)
Although i wish i could have purged everything, it was impossible & now it's too late.
These food entries are probably boring for you, but I have to wright it down to remember and to keep faith (how ironic).
BUT tomorrow is going to be AWESOME because i am so motivated and thrilled to lose weight again and cut down on food and being all secretive and lying to people about it too. I am dying to lose at least 10 pounds in 6 weeks, which i think is totally achievable before people start noticing it (which i'm even more excited about).
//
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment